How are they serviced?
The liferaft servicing is a complex task and it has to be carried out by a certified technician. In Ausmar we work to provide the revision, repairing and replacement service of all the safety material on board.
The verification of all the material is also essential, it is necessary to check the status and expiration dates of each and every one of the materials included in the liferaft.
ELEMENTS TO CONSIDER IN A REVIEW
- Packaging in bag / container.
- Pneumatic area and elements of CO2 input and output.
- Bottle with firing pin and connections.
- Mandatory safety equipment and materials.
REVIEW OF A RAFT, STEP BY STEP
- Raft and owner data record.
- Control of expiration dates (CO2 bottle, trigger, pyrotechnics, water, first aid kit, lighting system and food).
- Checking the condition of the container / bag (cracks, wear ...).
- Opening raft manually.
- Removal of the raft from the inner bag.
- Checking bottle status, trigger, valves, lighting system and batteries.
- Anchor revision of layer and correct stowage of the rope.
- Control of the state and expiration of the mandatory safety equipment and replacement if necessary.
- Protocol for reviewing the raft.
- Material resistance tests, gas inflation test every 5 years, additional pressure test required, test of floor seams, test of overpressure valves...
- Raft installation in container / bag and security strap closure.